The battle line has been drawn between governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu and his estranged deputy over power and who becomes the next Governor of Ondo state.
The recent development was the mass sacking of the deputy’s aides by the governor to send a signal that he’s not loosing guard as the boss in charge.
It will be recalled that , just of recent, Agboola Ajayi defected from the All Progressives Congress (APC) to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to pursue his Governorship ambition in Ondo state while still keeping his deputy’s position to Akeredolu.
The sacking was made known through a press statement by the Chief Press Secretary, Segun Ajiboye, after an earlier statement that sacked Mr Allen Sowore, SA new media to Akeredolu.
FULL PRESS STATEMENT
Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu,SAN, has relieved the following aides of their appointments.
The affected aides are:
- Mr Olomu Bayo, Special Assistant, Special Duties
- Mr. Olawale Abolade Mukaila, Special Assistant, Photography
- Mr. Babatope Okeowo, Deputy Chief Press Secretary
- Mr. Samuel Ogunmusi, Personal Assistant, (Deputy Governor)
- Mr. Omotunmise Tokunbo, Special Assistant to the wife of the Deputy Governor
- Mrs Erifeyiwa Shola Akinnugba, (Photography, wife of the Deputy Governor )
The affected aides are advised to submit all government’s properties in their possession to the Chief of Staff to the Governor
Arakunrin Akeredolu wishes them luck in their future endeavours.
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor